Friday 31 October 2014

Favourite fall lipsticks

Fall is quickly becoming one of my favourite seasons as I love love love that I can start wearing my darker lipsticks again.
In case you were wondering, winter is my favourite season as I celebrate Christmas - love Christmas :) who doesn't?!

My all time favourite lipstick is from Mac and its called "Hot Tahiti" and although this isn't necessarily considered to be a fall colour, I still think it works really well during the fall season. Its the type of lipstick in which you can build the colour. It starts off as a redish-burgundy colour which can easily turn into a deep berry colour with the right amount of application. I personally have green eyes so this lip colour really makes them pop! I suppose as it is a buildable lip colour it works well from day to night transition.



Next we go really dark with "Media" also from Mac. This is a very dark purple lipstick which can be quite shocking when you first reveal the lipstick but once on the lips, it is a very beautiful colour. I always try and use a lip liner with this colour as because it is dark, you don't want it to start smudging so if you set it first off with a good lip-liner, it shouldn't go anywhere! However if you're anything like me and end up meeting your boyfriend on a night out its not always guaranteed to be smudge proof! This lipstick is a satin so it really glides on the lips nicely.

"Rum Raisin" from Revlon is also a very nice browny-redish colour which works really nicely on the lips throughout the fall season. This lipstick is very easy to wear during the day as its not too heavy. This lipstick is very creamy and it applies so nicely to the lips. It also almost has a hint of gloss to it as its so creamy!

Next up is a lipstick from Collection2000 called in number "21". This is a creamy chocolate brown colour which works really nicely on any skin tone I think. It has a really smooth application which I love. I don't reach for this one as much as I should but it really is a beautiful colour and it applies so nicely for a lipstick which must retail for less than £5. Bargain!

The next 2 lipsticks are both from Mac and they are "Dark Side" and "Rebel". Rebel is one of the most popular fall lipsticks I think. I seem to see it everywhere! However I can't blame anyone though as it is a beautiful lipstick. Its a dark berry purple. Dark side on the other hand is a deep red colour - it is quite comparable to "Media" but you can definitely tell the difference as you can see the red undertones.

I suppose from the pictures these all look quite similar and I apologise that most of these are Mac however I really love the formulation of the Mac lipsticks - as you will be able to tell from this post as well as future blog posts!

Thank you for reading and please comment below on other fall lipstick colours you are loving and would recommend, I'd love to know :)

Happy Halloween Everyone!
Lots of love,

Jess x

P.S - Don't you just love the way the MAC lipsticks smell? Vanilla...mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment