Friday 14 November 2014

MAC 15 eyeshadow palette - finally!

So for the past week I have been feeling sorry for myself as I have felt under the weather with a stinking cold as well as one of my wisdom teeth coming through (ouchy!) so I want to say sorry for not posting anything.

For a long time I have thought that MAC needed to catch up with the eyeshadow palette game as they seemed to be the only brand who didn't offer a made up neutral palette with awesome colours at an affordable price. I absolutely love all of the Urban Decay Naked palettes and own all 3 but the only thing is with those is that they aren't full size shadows and I have hit pan on a few of them already. You've also got the high-street brand bringing out their own neutral palettes such as sleek and MUA these obviously being a little less on the quality/pigmentation but amazing on the price. You're roughly looking at about £5 for a palette from MUA and around £8 for a palette from Sleek.

So a little while back I popped into MAC with no intention to actually buy anything - you know what that's like & don't pretend you don't. You just pop into the counter, swatch some of the lipsticks and eyeshadows on the back of your hand but because its always so hot in there and so busy you end up leaving with nothing! Happens to me all the time :(
Anyways! I went in and surprisingly it wasn't actually that busy so I set myself upon buying something. I was having a browse when I came across a palette containing 15 neutral coloured, full size eyeshadows in a beautiful, sleek looking case. I had to check with the sales assistant that I was actually seeing this and not going crazy.


















The palette retails for £65 and although this seems quite pricey, when you think about it, you are getting 15 full size MAC eyeshadows which usually retail for £12 each. Its a really good deal and its such a lovely addition to my collection. The price at the time didn't even cross my mind because I instantly fell in love with the shadows. The one I picked out was the warm palette. They do a cooler palette too which I have actually asked for as one of my Christmas presents! :) Now this palette is ready made up for you so if you already own one of the eyeshadows or aren't fond of one or two of them then unfortunately you can't swap these up but you could always depot them from the palette and replace with another you have at home. For me this isn't an issue as I love all of the colours.


So the colours you get are:
(Top row L-R) Hey, Warm breeze, Gingersnap, Dark brew and Dance in the dark
(Middle row L-R) Brule, Vanilla extract, Honey lust, Amber lights and Saddle
(Bottom row L-R) Lemon tart, Creative copper, Butterfudge, Divine decadence and Unwind


The pigmentation of this palette is amazing and I really really like it. Its the perfect palette to get you started if you are looking to start your make-up collection especially if you think you'd love to get into bridal make-up. For me this has everything you need. For example:

Lightly dust Brule all over the lid and up under the brow for a light highlight. I would then mix Hey and Vanilla extract and apply this over the lid following with Butterfudge to smudge this out into the outer corner slightly just to deepen the look. I would then go in with either Dark Brew or Divine decadence into the crease using the C technique to darken the look slightly and to smoke the look out as much as you want/need it to be. Then to finish the shadow off I would dust a little bit of the Butterfudge under the eye.

If any of you have this already, leave a comment and let me know what you think of it. I love it and am so happy I spent the money as I can see it being a product which is going to last me a long time and something I will get a lot of use out of!

Thanks for reading lovelies.
Speak soon,

Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment